Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Palm Desert Glow

30 in 30 Days Challenge Day 25

I can't express what a great excercise it has been to paint daily.  I tend to spend more time than neccessary picking my subject matter, but it is not what you pick as much as it is how you paint it.  Regardless of what you pick, you can still work on the composition part.  So, moving quickly to select a subject and then painting quickly has been so helpful.  I subscribe to Duane Keiser's blog and he recently painted an acorn on an old book and made it look amazing.

This painting is from a picture I took in Palm Desert at the base of the Aerial Tramway.  You don't see many trees with leaves and these were so brilliant that I have really wanted to express that.   I loved the interesting rocks too.


Palm Desert Glow
Diane Plaisted
Oil on Gessobord, 6x6

No comments:

Post a Comment