Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Day 1 of 30 day Challenge: Punta Gorda Sunset

Punta Gorda Sunset - Day 1 of  30

September is here at last.  Not that I want summer to end, but I have been looking forward to painting 30 paintings in 30 days in September with Leslie Saeta along with lots of artist from all over the world.  I did this last year and found it a real challenge to both work and paint.  It really helped me to paint quicker, as I often take too long to decide on the perfect subject.  But, it's not as much about finding  the perfect subject as it is portraying something that excites me.  I'm starting this challenge while on vacation. Tropical storm Erica decided to head to the gulf coast this week and while we are in Punta Gorda, we had the most beautiful sunset.






Punta Gorda Sunset
Diane Plaisted
Oil on Gessobord, 6x6
Sold

No comments:

Post a Comment