Thursday, September 3, 2015

Day 2 of 30 - Fort Myers Coconuts

Fort Myers Coconuts - Day 2 of  30

Yesterday we took a trip to Fort Myers beach to a wonderful quiet section of beach with soft waves and clear water but what fascinated me was the beautiful coconut palm trees.  While riding on the island we passed the Red Coconut which is a trailer park that  I went to with my family many many years ago.  I always remembered the name but never knew quite where it was so what a surprise and what a trip back in time.  I remember wanting to bring a coconut home somehow and my dad and I found a shorter palm tree and he hoisted me up on his shoulders and somehow I climbed the rest of the way and pulled one down.  We took it home to NJ and mom made at least one coconut cream pie but probably more.  Tasting coconut from your own pick is so much better.








Fort Myers Coconuts
Diane Plaisted
Oil on Gessobord, 6x6

Sold

No comments:

Post a Comment